An optimized and automated magnesium casting process includes an IPC. Drying the ingots to avoid steam- and hydrogen explosions is a basic safety requirement for the melting operation. The constant loading of the melting furnace with preheated ingots avoids temperature drops (melt quality) and leads to a bath level within narrow tolerances for an optimal dosing result. In addition, the degree of automation of the casting cell is increased, thereby reducing the workload on the operators.
- Ingot storage up to 25 pieces
- Fully automatic drying/preheating and charging
- Smooth feeding into the furnace using the ISM feeding unit
- Constant furnace filling leads to better temperature consistency and higher melting capacity
- Improvement of work ergonomics and work safety
|preheating capacity [kg/h]||max ingot weight [kg]||preheating temperature [°C]||heating capacity [kW]|